"I have one commandment.
Be aware of your own mortality.
Because as you live and achieve, the clicker is going down."
-Shawn (Clown) Crahan

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Diary of a Commoner

'Tis late in the afternoon, and I, having just returned from the centre of town, am feeling quite troubled and confused. The feast of Lupercal was taking place, and Caeser himself was there, of course. I was going about my business, as I quite usually do while in town, when most of the crowd fell quiet. Caeser stood, and, naturally, everyone within earshot of him turned their heads, including myself. Another man stood as well, and approached Caeser. I am not quite so familiar with this other man, but from my understanding his name is Antony. Antony appeared to be holding something to his chest... when he reached Caeser, he pressed it to his lips and held it out in his hands, kneeling down on the ground. It glinted in the sun, and the crowd took a collective breath. Caeser was being offered a crown. I doubt anybody expected Caeser to turn it away. He did, and the crown gasped. Twice more the two men repeated the act, twice more our cheers died out. I now ask myself, Why would Caeser refuse a crown? Why on God's Green Earth would a man as great as Julius Caeser turn down the title of King? King Caeser, he could have been known as! Oh, Caeser, why?

No comments:

Post a Comment